Not pleased today

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Ed_Spurrell, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_Spurrell

Ed_Spurrell Registered Member

Well I started having problems just before 3pm today and after thinking I had a virus or spyware on my system, I set out to try to fix it.
    I searched quite a bit and found little answers or good fixes.
    It started with my computer hesitating and then when I went to test a avi movie file it ran very choppy. NOD32 popped up with "opnliih.dll" and then a while later with "ddcawxv.dll" claiming they were infected. Made to to believe more that I had a virus or spyware.
    I restored to several points but no good. I uninstalled several of my last recent programs. I reinstalled the video drivers.
    All to no avail.
    Then at 10:30pm I got to thinking it may be my firewall acting up or antivirus maybe. Heck there was nothing else to test lol. I disabled my firewall but it was the same. I then disabled NOD32 v3 and bingo that was the culprit. Everything ran smooth when it was off.
    I do believe NOD32 v3 did updated a module today and enabled or disabled something because everything was fine before 3pm today.
    Can someone tell me what to enable or disable to stop NOD32 from making my system slow down and also cause my media players to play movies choppy?
    Surely someone knows what changes were implemented today by the upgrade?
    I will check back tomorrow evening after work to see if someone may know.
    Good night all :)

thanks in advance,
    Ed

2. MaVRiC

MaVRiC Registered Member

You killed off your firewall and AVo_O Congratulations You just opened the door to what ever NOD was trying to stop.

http://www.incodesolutions.com/virl28.php scroll down you will see "ddcawxv.dll" in the list. Good luck in killing what ever you let install.

OHH! btw, the latest EAV updates are fine..

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps there is a trojan or something that takes time to analyse, but is not eventually detected.

Please send a log from ESET SysInspector to support[at]eset.com with this thread's url enclosed and we'll analyse it.

4. Ed_Spurrell

No I did not open any doors my friend. I first unplugged the internet and then proceeded to test closing my firewall and NOD32.
    NOD32 did delete "opnliih.dll and also ddcawxv.dll"
    I will check the log and see what it says.

5. Ed_Spurrell

Thank you Marcos
    I hope I done the log file properly
    Please advise if incorrect.

Ed

6. Ed_Spurrell

Well all is fine here now ...thanks for the positive response I recieved here.
    I did get emails from tech support also and it is fixed now.
    I did have to reinstall NOD32 V3 before all worked well again.

thanks again,
    Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.