Not enough privileges to create the file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bunnybbbbb, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunnybbbbb

bunnybbbbb Registered Member

Hello, I downloaded the trial version of Acronis on June 29th, 2005 "TrueImageCorporateWorkstation8.0_d_en.exe". I did one image for a remote computer using Acronis True Image Management Console. This first image worked as advertised, no problems. However, today, I tried to do another image on a different computer (name is 542237). Well, I did all the regular steps and it did not work. I get the message "You do not have enough privileges to create the file "\\109298\c$\MyBackup.tib". Please choose another location." Anyway, my computer 109298 is where I installed "TrueImageCorporateWorkstation8.0_d_en.exe". I am an Administrator to this machine. I tried allowing sharing on the C drive for myself and all users to have full control. That did not work, I still get the same message. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bunnybbbbb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please clarify the following:
    - What operating system do you run on the remote computer (name is 542237)?
    - Did you do the image of the first computer to your computer 109298?

We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. bunnybbbbb

bunnybbbbb Registered Member

Thanks for the response. Remote computer (name is 542237) is a NT4.0 SP6 machine. Computer 109298 is a Win2k SP4 machine. Yes, I did do the first image to 109298. On a couple of other notes, the first image ( name is 21891) is a Win2k SP4 machine. And also this morning, computer 542237 got the blue screen of death. It said it could not find the file "winsrv" and the DLL could not be found.

4. Acronis Support

Hello bunnybbbbb,

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Network access in agent on Windows NT4 is not supported. Our development team is now working on this problem, but the fix requires significant amount of work because of some special characteristics of Windows NT 4.0.

We regret to inform you that the exact time frame for this fix is not decided yet.

Please explain me what error do you get? What do you do with Acronis True Image when this error appears?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. sirecap

sirecap Guest

Just a quick note. The company I work for started using Acronis around build 921. Imaging of NT 4 pc's by use of an agent works with builds prior to and including build 933. Builds after 933 exhibit the error you are seeing. I spent a lot of time working with Acronis support on this concept, but in the end I down graded to build 933 to get things working again. Not certain you can download 933 any longer.

6. Acronis Support

Hello sirecap,

Could you please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply? Or please send me PM with your e-mail address that you used to send a letter to Acronis Support Team.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. sirecap

sirecap Guest

I don't see any need in working with Acronis support right now. I will continue to test new builds as they are released, but build 1158 has the same problem as other builds released after 933. The problem is simply this.

NT 4 pc running the agent.
    Connect from the Acronis server to the NT 4 agent.
    When selecting a network server to store the image to you are not prompted for username password and as a result the shares on that server are unavailable. The OS on either the Acronis Server or the Storage server doesn't matter. NT 4, 2000, 2003 exhibit the same failure.

If you install the agent from build 933 on the NT 4 pc and are running build 933 of the server then everything works as expected.

There can be need for one other change. On some, but not all, of the NT 4 pc's running the agent you may have to change the acronis agent service to run as the Administrator account rather than the system account. Both the local administrator and the domain administrator account will work. The way you tell if you need to make this change is if the image fails with a "not enough privileges to create the file" error.

In our case 5 of 7 NT 4 pc's we back up weekly have the Acronis Agent service running as the Domain admin account.

8. Ankit Patel

Ankit Patel Guest

I'm actually getting this same error. I have installed the agent on a Windows 2000 SP4 server that I'm trying to image. And I'm trying to save the image file on an XP machine. Any ideas? I have build 1158. Thanks.

9. Acronis Support

Hello Ankit Patel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please install the latest update of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows (1213) which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site and see whether the problem still persists.

If that does not help, please check whether you have the rights to save an image file to the shared folder on your Windows XP machine. Please also try to back up your Windows 2000 server to another location on Windows XP computer.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information of your both computers as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and [http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/support/?ab=2]submit a request for technical support[/url]. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.