Not being asked where to place image

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by HugheJass, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HugheJass

HugheJass Registered Member

Hopefully this will be short and sweet:

I have an image of a single laptop hard drive I made with Snap Deploy 3 that contained 2 partitions - 1 Dell utility partition and 1 OS partition with XP on it

-When I try to restore both partitions at once, the imaging process takes 2 minutes - obviously wrong for the size of my image - and boots right into the Dell utility app upon reboot

So I try to recreate the partition structure manually, then restore each partition individually...

-When I restore ONLY the Dell partition, the next step in the Standalone Utility asks me which partition on the hard drive to restore to(I thought this was making progress). It also asks me, as expected, all the rest of the settings one can do when restoring an image in SD3 like usernames, files to transfer, etc.

-When I try to restore the OS partition it doesn't ask which partition to restore to, it simply skips to the final step that lets you restart/shutdown computer and use the disk entirely or "as in master image". This process doesn't actually restore the image - it does the 2 minute imaging routine again without the partition restored.

My questions are:
    -Why wouldn't it show me the partitions I can restore to when I choose the OS partition to restore?
    -When I choose to restore both partitions, shouldn't SD3 create the partition table, then restore both partitions as they were laid out in the master image?
    -The icons on the partitions on the Volume Selection screen have a red and a green flag (?) on them. What does this mean?

Thank you in advance for any input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.