Not authorized?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jward52, Feb 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jward52

jward52 Registered Member

Why can't I download Spyware Blaster?
    Each link I tried gets me the following error...

You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.webattack.com home page.
    You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

There's more than the webattack links available at this page:

http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

Try the Download Site 5, I know that one is working at the moment.

3. jward52

Bad link - "The page cannot be displayed" error happens after clicking on the link you supplied.

4. LowWaterMark

Well, it's working fine for me which makes me wonder if there is something wrong on your system getting to all these sites.

One more try, here is what is under the "Download Site 5" link:

http://www.ct7support.com/javacool/spywareblaster/download.html

Give this a try.

5. jward52

No dice on that one either..."Not authorized..." I don't have a problem viewing other web pages, have my Zone Alarm & IE6 set conservatively. Email the software? I have a broadband connection...

6. LowWaterMark

Yes, I can email it to you (and it's only 717KB anyway), but I'm concerned that maybe you have either a technical problem on your system causing this error, or even some form of spyware that has hijacked your DNS or Hosts file and is blocking sites such as these. It's strange that you can't get that file from any location.

Should I use the email address on your profile here at Wilders for this? Or, if another address you can IM it to me on this board software.

7. jward52

I finally did get it on a networked pc here @ home. Both have XPhome and Norton System Works. Only difference between the 2 is that the other pc is the ICS host and has ZoneAlarm running plus a few extra MS updates. I can't view some Java windows due to one of those MS updates which I didn't install on this one. Need to get rid of that update! Could that be the problem?

8. LowWaterMark

So, the first system (with the download problem) is an ICS client going through the system (ICS host) that can get the download? The most likely thing is a network setup / firewalling issue, though it could be something else. I can't really say from here. But, if you find a pattern between what sites work and what don't, it should be possible to figure out what's wrong.

9. Jim Ward

Jim Ward Guest

No, the one with the problem is the ICS host with ZoneAlarm. Except for some Java windows, it never had a problem until now. I loosened up sopme settings but that didn't help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.