Not An Acronis True Image Archive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Naro, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naro

Naro Registered Member

ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE HOME v9 Build 3677 or 3854
    I make two daily .tib backups: one FULL to a second HD, one Incremental to a Maxtor removable USB HD. Each are verified. I can test and restore each, if I start my computer normally and then launch Acronis. Acronis can find, identify and restore from either of these sets so I know they're "good". BUT.. when I boot from the Acronis Boot Disk (as in simulated disaster recovery)... NEITHER of these files is good..neither on the second HD or the removable USB HD. I get "the selected file is not an Acronis True Image Archive" Now, I know the Boot disk works because it does successfully recognize another .tib (an image from an old HD I kept around). It just won't recognize the .tib files I'm making daily. This is a serious concern for me. It happens when the Acronis Boot Disk loads in the FULL or the limited modes. Also persists with latest build (3854).
    Any hints or suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Was a new boot disk made with the version of TI you are using it with? A new boot disk should be created with each different build so you get the features/fixes of that build included in the boot disk version.

If the boot disk you are using was made with build 3625 or earlier it will not understand the file format of an archive created with the newer builds since the "engine" and resulting format was changed. The later builds will recognize the older archive formats though.

3. Naro

Naro Registered Member

Seekforever, I'm pretty sure the boot disk is the same build as the .tib. But I'm not sure enough!! So I will create new boot disks, and see if that is the solution.
    Thanks

4. Naro

Naro Registered Member

PROBLEM RESOLVED by burning another iso of a linux boot disk. Evidently my iso from an older build... just like you told me.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.