Not able to create backup to DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Everett00, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everett00

Everett00 Registered Member

I have used version 8 for several years to backup drive C to a second hard drive D will no problems. I have approximately 117,000,000 kb on my hard drive and ver 8 created a file approx 22,000,000 kb. With version 9.0 writing directly to DVD, I upgraded to do just that. I downloaded the newest file from digitalriver website 10-3-2006 and installed the file. I have tried twice to create backup dvd's using version 9.0 and both failed. It writes to 4 DVD's and then asks for me to put dvd #1 back in the drive, I'm guessing to verify the image because I selected this option, and when I do this, it will not recognize the files on the dvd. After cancelling the backup, I viewed the dvd+r with windows explorer and the dvd title shows up, but no files on the dvd+r. Using a dell optiplex 2.8 ghz, 2gb ram, 2 x 200gb hard drives, DVD+RW /CDRW drive. The dvd's appear to be written to, but no files show up with windows explorer. Any Ideas? Everett

2. jon4bass

jon4bass Registered Member

Yes, I have the same problem after having recently purchased True Image Workstation 9.1.

It's the first (Vol. 1) DVD disc that seems to be the hangup. After doing the backup to DVD. I tried to verify the archive. Vol. 2 seems to be readily recognized with a .tib file on it. Vol. 1, however, seems to have no recognizable file for the verification process to proceed. It keeps asking for Vol. 1 but Vol. 1 is already in the drive. Presumably, I don't need packet writing software, or do I?

Acronis, please clarify the situation with Vol. 1 not being recognized with DVD backups.

Thanks,
    ~ J

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

There is a bug. Do not enable the "verify after creating the archive" or whatever it is called option in the backup wizard. Do it as a separate task after the backup has been created.

4. Everett00

I tried to do the backup to dvd's again, with the option to verify turned off, and I created another set of 4 coasters with no file names. The DVD title is there, threee of the dvd's show no remaining bytes, but does not show a file name with windows explorer.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Everett00,

Please run your TI 9.0 Home and confirm the build number (click Help > About). It should be Build 3677.

Also highly recommended that you uninstall TI 8 as per these <Acronis Support manual uninstall instructions> before installing Build 3677. You will need the Serial Keys for both your old TI 8.0 and your TI 9.0 in order to carry out the fresh install.

Regards

6. Joe107L

Joe107L Registered Member

I also had a problem creating a DVD when I included all options.

I would get an error that the problem might be poor media quality.

I created 100G of coasters (20 DVD's) using Memorex 4X DVD-R. I decided to purchase some Verbatim 16X DVD+R discs as my DVD burner is 16X capable and +R is better for data burning. I refrained in the past from purchasing DVD+R discs since they are less compatible with standalone DVD players.

Problem solved - NO MORE COASTERS.

Hope this information helps someone.

Joe

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't buy anything (anymore) with Memorex written on it!

8. Everett00

Completely un-installed Acronis trueimage, removed all registry entries, followed manual removal line by line. Re-installed the program, tried another set of dvd disks with another mgf of dvd+r's and got the same result as before--no file names on the dvd's. I wrote a backup set split into 4.7gb files on my second hard drive and it created the files perfectly, but so did version 8.0. I only purchased the program so that it would create bootable dvd's.
    Everett

9. Menorcaman

Hi Everett,

Please confirm the reported Build Number as requested in Post #5 above.

Regards

10. Everett00

Build is latest available,3677.

11. Menorcaman

O.K. Thanks. In that case I think you need to raise a support query via support@acronis.com as detailed in the Acronis Support thread titled <Please Read Before You Post>.

Regards

12. mghia

mghia Registered Member

Same problem with TI Home 10 build 4871

I just BOUGHT this flippen program from Staples and V10 build 4871 creates the same issue.
    I am using NEC 2500A DVD burner and TDK DVD +R 4x and the disks spin, I put in 6 disks, told it was successful and then the disks are blank.

I would say, now after an hour or two of reading these sad stories think this program goes back to Staples and I start posting on all the review sites how bad this program is and how they market features that have never worked right for them and how their tech support seems to be slow and not very helpful (based on what others have posted.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.