Not a True Image file!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pineman, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pineman

Pineman Registered Member

I am using TI9 with XP and SP2.

After upgrading to build 3567 I did a full back up, which appeared to be successful, but when I tried to verify the file I got the message that it was not a True Image file. All previous files backed up using build 2337 were recognised as True Image files.

I re-installed 2337 but had the same result until I physically removed TI9 completely and then installed 2337 from scratch. It now works perfectly again.

Is this a recognised problem with build 3567 or is it something more sinister?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

B3567 can understand B3567 and earlier version files.

Earlier versions like B2337 cannot understand B3567 files since the format is changed.

Be sure you make a B3567 Rescue CD so you can create, verify and restore B3567 files.

Was your problem within Windows or the Rescue CD version?

I don't believe this is a "known" problem.

3. Pineman

I regularly make full back ups to a separate hard drive and each time verify the file afterwards. All the time I used 2337 I had no problems.

After updating to 3567 the first full back up file I made was not recognised as a True Image file and could not be verified. Previously saved files, which I still had, made under 2337 were, however, recognised by 3567 as True Image files.

Once 3567 was removed completely and 2337 installed again the first back up file made was recognised as a True Image file and verified. Suggesting that maybe something about 3567 was not operating properly.

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

If build 2337 works for you stay with it for a while. I know you verified your backups, but can we assume you gave it the acid test and actually did a Restore?

5. Pineman

Yes I have done a restore to try out one of the full back ups under 2337. I restored the file to a different hard drive and it went perfectly.

TI9 even seemed to fool XP as it didn't need re-activation even though it was now on a different hard drive. Very impressive!

I think I'll just stick with 2337 and wait for the successor to 3567.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

TI, in spite of its many virtures, had nothing to do with XP's lack of activation request. Changing a HD by itself is not usually sufficient to trigger an activation request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.