Not a TI Home Archive!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Skutr, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skutr

Skutr Registered Member

Folks,

I have just started testing (on behalf of a major corporate) TI Home V9.

I have made backup images of ENTIRE disks to an external NAS disk but am unable to restore from them. When I perform the archive selection within the Restore Data Wizard I get the message "The selected file is not an Acronis True Image Home archive". I get the same message when I use the Backup Archive Validation Wizard. BTW the actual file name is Mtest.tib

Any ideas or suggestions?

Skutr

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

TI 9.3567 has a new file format from all earlier versions of TI 9 and TI 8. If you check the archive with one of the earlier versions or with a Recovery CD made with one of the earlier versions, you will get that message.

If you are using only version 9.3567, then try making an image on a local hard drive partition and checking that. Some NAS devices have problems with very large files such as backup images.

3. Skutr

Skutr Registered Member

UPDATE: or if u prefer - more info.

I performed a backup of a full disk to an internal drive and it worked fine. I am able to verify and all. I then , under windows (XP Pro) copied the file to my external NAS connected drive and again it verified OK within IT9.

So - I did another disk image backup with IT9 to the external NAS disk and yet again verify failed. So I rebooted using a boot CD I created from within IT9 - well it could not see my NAS disk at all.

Progress- none so far!

Skutr

4. Skutr

Skutr Registered Member

==================================
    Correct, I am using V9.0 build 3567. When I create the backup image on a local (or internal) drive all seems to work as expected. I have the problem when I attempt to use an external NAS connected drive.

Skutr

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Skutr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the word "quiet", click on the "OK" button, select to boot the full version and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

Send us the output after each of the commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    umount mntdir

Send us the net.txt file from the diskette.

Please also provide us with the exact vendor of NAS devices and network adapter you use we will help you solve the problem.

After that please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.