nosy mom *edited*

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by dae, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dae

dae Guest

Well this is my second attempt to get some help here.

I have a nosy mom that wont stop checking my xanga as well as my friend's. If I put spywareBlaster on her computer and ban the site, I need the CLSID #...

Does anyone know how to find that? Or how can I ban www.xanga.com altogether?

I cant take her reading about every little thing in my life any longer.

Thanks!

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

It is a free and open Internet, she is as free to go anywhere that she wants as you are. For you to do somehing to her computer that would prevent her from free surfing would to me be disgusting; how would you like it if she restricted your surfing?

Acadia

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I have a judge friend who once told a young man who was objecting to his mothers rules and interference, that he was free to move if he didn't like it, but while he was living free under her roof, and being supported by her, that she owned the air he breathed.

It is also interesting that your first post was deleted due to language.

4. dae

dae Guest

I dont care what you all think.

All I need is somthing to ban the site, I would love to have some privacy.

Just give me the CLSID# or dont, I could care less on what you think. Thanks.

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Then "don't" it is. Besides, that site can't even be blocked using a CLSID. People can read the public postings made there without ActiveX, so blocking a CLSID isn't going to have any effect anyway.

6. dae

dae Guest

Then what can I do?

Is there a program like netnanny that I can customly block a website?

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hello dae,

To be honest, even if you were to find something that would block your parent's ability to go to that site, sooner or later they would discover it since they would probably end up at a security board asking why they cannot get to the site.....especially if they were able to get to the site using someone else's computer.

It would not be very difficult for them to discover the means of which you attempted to block their access to the site.

Another thing to consider....while you are using a computer in their house, whether it be your's or theirs, they are your parents and they have every legal right to monitor their children's internet access....since you are in their care and it is their responsibility to ensure your safety, that along with you are using their internet connection which they pay for and can cut off if they think you are trying to bypass their rules.

You might want to consider not typing out on a website anywhere anything you would not want other's to read. That would be the best way to protect your privacy.

Regards,

snap

8. dae

dae Guest

No, my parents are not good with computers and probably wouldnt figure it out. They dont care to go to xanga sites, the only reason they do is to read on my life. Its like me talking to my friends, but my parents always being there to listen to the conversations... is that really fair? no.

Like i said, i could care less on what you think about me banning their access, but either way its gonna be done. Im just here to see if anyone is able to help, if you cant, then dont reply. Thanks

9. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

dae, I personally don't care if you ban their access or not either. But with your present attitude in this thread, you are not going to receive much help.

I would suggest you try finding help elsewhere....but mind how you request such assistance or you might find no one offering help. More can always be achieve with a show of manners when asking for help from others.

With that said, I think this thread has gone on enough.

Good luck in your quest.

This thread is now closed.

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.