NoScript Vs Avast SafeZone - are they comparable?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by GringoFrenzy, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GringoFrenzy

GringoFrenzy Registered Member

Just wondering: has anyone ever tested how Avast Safezone stacks up against NoScript when it comes to blocking malicious scripts, particularly XSS? I've done some searching and all I've found are other people asking the same question.

All I've been able to tell from the marketing fluff is that it prevents extensions / screen caps / key hooks / DNS spoofing. There's no mention of XSS.

Thanks!

2. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

To me, it looks as though Safezone is more about sandboxing than keeping wayward scripts in check. Something like a built in Sandboxie maybe.

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

NoScript helps prevent infection, SafeZone should be able to prevent a banking trojan that is already on your system from capturing data from the SafeZone browser.

4. GringoFrenzy

GringoFrenzy Registered Member

Hmm, so it seems like the weakness in SafeZone is that you're not protected from XSS, unless the SafeZone browser (some version of Chromium?) is able to defend against them natively?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.