NoScript - Firefox Extension

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by musicman, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicman

musicman Registered Member

Firefox extensions have gotton better! This small but powerfull extension will tighten your browser security even more. Here is a quote from the author of NoScript.
    =========================================================
    Quick Description

Extra protection for your Firefox: NoScript allows JavaScript execution only for trusted domains of your choice (e.g. your home-banking web site). This whitelist based pre-emptive script blocking approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even unknown!) with no loss of functionality... Experts will agree: Firefox is really safer with NoScript.

Attached Files:

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Attached Files:

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Nice extension but why use it? Firefox is already safe right? :blink: :D

4. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

5. ----

Typical comment by newbies, who thinks browsers can be classified into only 2 types "Safe" and "Unsafe".

In reality, there is no 100% security, but that doesn't mean browsers cannoy be SAFER, and firefox is safer than Maxthon!

6. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I don't like that yellow thing popping up all the time, it's very annoying ;)
    Noia theme yes, but I prefer the default one myself.

7. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    Firefox is rather safe. But you can make it safer. I use Noscript. It's a very nice extension. And it's easy to use it. You can right click on the page and temporary allow javascript for the pages you know you can trust. Or allow permanently. It does increase your security level somewhat.
    Mrk

8. Rasheed187

Lol @ newbie :D

On topic (kind of):

I´m not that worried about the flaws in IE and Windows, not that I´m happy with them, but with a certain security setup (combined with common sense) I don´t think the risk of getting compromised is that big. And the people who do get malware via IE are cleary not well protected.

I´m also a heavy browser, I mostly visit known/trusted sites, but I often also visit unknown/possible hostile sites. Still I have never encountered any problems even with javascript enabled. ;)

9. Rasheed187

Oh and btw, you can do the same thing in IE, so if you choose to disable scripting globally in FF, IE and FF are equally safe right? Because as far as I know most holes in IE are exploited by Javascript. That was what I´m trying to say. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.