Norton's "Registry Scan": A registry cleaner ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Stro, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stro

Stro Registered Member

I have NortonSystemWorks 2004. If you're familiar with this product, you know that the first item in One Button Checkup is the "Windows Registry Scan." It finds registry errors and fixes them.

I'm wondering what is the difference between NSW Windows Registry Scan and a registry cleaner such as RegSupreme? I've read favorable reviews of RegSupreme, and the price is very low, but will RegSupreme simply be duplicating NSW, or is RegSupreme significantly more thorough?

I appreciate your advice.

Regards,
    Stro

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

i cant say about norton, cuz i dont use that, but i have used regsupreme

it has options for how therough u would like 2 scan, lite, medium,extra i believe they were

i didnt find it 2 bad, but it found alot of "useless" registry values (according 2 it) that were actually being used

so if u have something like that make sure u know what your doing and dont select all unless u are sure :)

good luck :D

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Nortons registry cleaner and repair like in their system works is a (lite)version of a registry cleaner. You can't hardly make a mistake useing it. And if it does take something out it shouldn't have you can just restore it through the norton utilities. To restore a deletion just use the undo button

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
  4. dog

dog Guest

Hi Stro, ;)

I use NSW 2003, Win Doc, like BigC says is a "lite" reg cleaner, useful but far from comphrensive.

A free reg cleaner, that I both use and recommend is Regseeker ... I haven't experience any problems with it, and it does a great job! It's also pretty newbie friendly, and makes backups by default. It's available for free from Hoverdesk - Regseeker 1.35

HTH :)

dog - *puppy*

5. Moore

Moore Registered Member

I just love how Norton Windoctor likes to cross reference files instead of deleting the invalid registry entries on automatic fixes, so when you try to uninstall something it's actually linked to something else completely unrelated.. :eek: ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.