Norton User - Want to replace with GhostWall or Windows Firewall

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by pdaunno, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdaunno

pdaunno Registered Member

I'm running XP SP2 on our family computer and currently use Norton Personal Firewall 2005. My subscription is about to run out and I don't want to renew it. I'm considering replacing it with either Windows Firewall or GhostWall. For the typical family computer usage (E-Mail, IE, AIM), which would be best? What does GhostWall provide that Windows Firewall does not?

Thanks,
    -Paul

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

GhostWall is a simple and free packet filter. i have no experience with ghostwall so i cant tell u anything more. teh Windows Firewall has application control and for normal internet usage, itd be fine.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The windows firewall has incomeing filtering but does not have outgoing application control

4. pdaunno

If I understand correctly, Windows Firewall only does incoming filtering whereas Ghostwall does incoming filtering plus outbound application filtering?

Thanks,
    -Paul

5. tayres

tayres Guest

Paul,

From the Ghost Security website:

It does not include outbound application filtering.

See this recent thread for a discussion of some differences between the two: [thread]117964[/thread]

6. pdaunno

Thanks. I think I will try Windows Firewall and see if that will suit my needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.