Norton/Symantec Support forums

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ph2000, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ph2000

ph2000 Registered Member

I've been trying out Norton IS 2008 - pretty good compared to past versions. But I've been looking at their support. I like support forums. Symantec has the corporate forums (which I use at work) and beta forums but I no longer find user support forums for the rest. Do they exist??

Thanks
    Paul

2. fax

fax Registered Member

Unless they re-opened it recently there is no user support forum for consumer versions of Symantec products.
    They have shut it down some years ago...

Fax

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  3. ph2000

ph2000 Registered Member

Hm!
    Bummer.

4. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

There are a few NAV dedicated forums such as the one on CastleCops but there is hardly any activity in them.

There are some Norton "vets" in here so I do all my queries in this subforum (whenever I do have a problem with NIS :D ).

5. ph2000

ph2000 Registered Member

Actually one thing that bums me out - last night Norton download an application update to IS 2008. If they had their own support forum I might see why and what the update was for. Still, I'm not curious enough to spend time going through their email support to - maybe - find out.

On the other hand - it's working, so why look for problems. :)

6. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

I was often able to solve problems with Symantec products installed on my computer by using the support forums. It saved me from having to contact technical support, which at the time often took several days to receive a reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.