Norton Reply On MBAM 1.45 Issue

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael York

Michael York Registered Member

Hi,

I'm glad I was able to provide you all with the correct information regarding this issue.

Thanks again,
    Mike

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

Disabling the AddOn Pack in NIS 2010 is the only thing that allows me to update MBAM. The scan exclusions didn't make any difference for me, but when I disabled the "Privacy Control" in the AddOn Pack (I don't use Parental Control), I can now update MBAM. This solution was posted in a Norton Community Forum thread.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Anyone now running Norton antivirus and MBAM paid together, real time, without conflict or other issue?

If so, what firewall are you using?

I have a laptop that I plan to use a license of Norton av on, in combo with MBAM if there are no current issues. I would appreciate a firewall recommendation that works with these two without conflict.

thanks

4. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I'll suggest you not to use it with Norton in Real-time. You can use it as on-demand...

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Too bad, although I don't use Norton. My friend got infected using Norton, and it took MBAM to find and remove it.

I am so convinced of the need for MBAM or something similar that I would not use an AV that conflicted with MBAM.

Regads,
    Jerry

6. nessy90

nessy90 Registered Member

Im currently running MBAM 1.46 (realtime) with Norton Antivirus 2010 and they play very well together not a problem, I have although as a precaution excluded each from each others scan.

Nessy

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Something similar would be SuperAntiSpyware, and they have a native 64 bit version as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.