Norton quarantine question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I had some malware found by Norton 2009 that was put in quarantine. Is there any view to see where the malware was found by Norton? Also, any way for Norton to ask me what to do with alleged found malware as opposed to automatic clean/quarantine?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. acr1965

Yes thanks. That's the view I see. But it does not show the path to where the alleged infected file was found. I just don't know how I will find the file for a second opinion if I take it out of quarantine. Plus I don't like the automated process of cleaning or putting in quarantine. I wish NAV would ask first.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You need to click on the threat , then click the "details" button . Then , click on the last tab (the right one) and you'll be able to check what it has placed in the Q section .

You could disable the Auto Protection for a while , then take it out of Q.

Not possible . Norton is still the most selled (the best selled) consumer AV program in most parts of the world (or at least in the USA) and the Norton brand is by desing made for the stupid average Joe . No way to make it manual , it must be as automated as possible .

5. acr1965

thanx for the info

6. starter15

starter15 Registered Member

im using SEP 11. the only real problem that ive experienced so far is that when it does pick up a false positive, there's no way (or at least i havn't figured out a way) to tell it to ignore the file. it always automatically quarantines it. is there really no way to change this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.