Norton Protection

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ablake, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ablake

ablake Guest

I recently renewed my subscription to Norton Internet Security and have not been able to update Spyware Blaster. I keep getting the following message " Cannot establish a connection to download, Check internet connection and try again". I have no trouble updating Spybot-Search & Ad-Aware. Could it be Norton's Firewall? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It very well could be. I suggest you take a look at your Firewall rules and make sure any and all instances of spywareblaster.exe does not have "deny" rule.

3. ablake

ablake Guest

Bubba, Thank you very much for your prompt assistance. Not knowing about firewall rules, I typed the name into Google and it took me straight to a document by Symantec showing how to configure firewall rules. Following the instructions I discovered that Spyblaster was blocked. I made the change and all is well. I don't know how it got blocked as it wasn't before I renewed my protection with Norton about two weeks ago. Anyhow, Thanks again. Really appreciate it.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are more than Welcome and glad it's now working for ya :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.