Norton Premier Systemworks 2005 and use of NAV??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Wills, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wills

Wills Registered Member

I just had an experienced tech who deals with uninstall regularly of Norton Systemworks 2003. He did a Reg check and a Reg Supreme clean.
    Installed Norton Systemworks Premier 2005. It is running fine. I wanted this program so that I could do the incremental additions.

I run the NAV program along with my other security programs and have since 2003 with my toshiba notebook, intel pentium 4, 512 RAM, 1.9 ghz, xp "os" and no problems.

What I am posting about right now is this.

When I do a scan like NAV or a Defrag or a D/L of 20 minutes as I am on dial up my screen goes black, saving power.
    Before it used to go black and have the windows logo pop about on it and I would simply touch any key and it would refresh back to the screen that I was watching the progress on.

Now The screen goes black and I have to hold down a key and wait a few seconds and then the Windows screen comes open that requires me to put in my password.
    Annoying, it happens all the time now with NAV, Defragging etc.

Is this part of the Systemworks Premier 2005??

Or is there a problem with this program??

I hope someone out there has knowledge of this Systemworks edition.

I know it is criticized as a bloated program, however it has worked well for my needs in the past 2 years and now I simply want to see if what is going on with what I described is part of the program or noto_O

I hope to hear from members.

Regards

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It is just probably a security measure since installing system works. You might go to the symantec home page and check their FAQs. Even though norton is a large program doesn't mean it isn't a good one. I run Nav 2005 and firewall and utilities and really like it.

symantec FAQs here check knowledge base

3. webmedic

webmedic Registered Member

just curious how much info you can get into here a
  4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

that article applies to all security apps including operating systems not just a particular antivirus or security program. actually norton has done pretty well as it only had two vulnerabilities since May this year.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.