Norton License Issues

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by xxJackxx, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I purchased a 2 year 3 PC license for NIS 2009 last year from an online store. I have used it on and off since early November, and went to install it a couple of days ago to see if they had fixed any of the issues I was having. It told me "Activation Sucessful, 0 days left". I logged in to my Norton Account, and it said "Trial Expired" for all 3 PCs. I complained to their tech support, and they responded that there was an issue with my serial, and wanted to know when and where I bought it, and some of my information. As this email seemed to come from a general support address with different support agents responding to it, I refused to give them any more of my address than the city and state, which they could likely get from my IP address. They responded that they want my full address to resolve this. I have to wonder why this is necessary, and who will have access to it if I send it. Am I overreacting, or should I just give it to them?

2. Cvette

Cvette Registered Member

Sadly this is the only thing I dislike about Norton products, their technical support is a little invasive when it comes to personal information.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Tell them of your concern and ask them what safeguards are in place before proceeding

4. xxJackxx

Probably a good way to go. Having been a victim of identity theft (committed by an employee at one of my creditors) I am not quick to give any one personal info. :doubt:

5. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Use the One-click chat support option to speak/chat with only one agent in real-time.

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I agree wit 3GUSER about using the Live Chat option - much better then email or phone.

7. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Unless they are asking for your soc sec #, birthday, etc. you are over-reacting.

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

imo you prob bought a bogus key. i have and many customers of mine have in the past. has the key been used before? was it from ebay or just a online store.... they want the address to verify that it matches the actual person who bought it. they are trying to stop the online ebay and other sales... at least from what my rep was telling me the other day. people will see they get more and more picky about these renewal keys soon from what i am hearing..

also the seller may have sold a legit serial but also sold it to a ton of people and norton caught that and killed the key...

9. xxJackxx

I bought the license from Purplus. I never used to have problems with them but this year all of my serials are being blacklisted. I went ahead and gave Norton the info they wanted and they issued me a new serial. Much better than the customer service I have received from other vendors which have basically said too bad for you, not our problem.

10. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Their Norton customer service / support guys are perfect at the moment .
    I contact them often (most of the time just to chat :D ) and once recently the support agent just said he wanted to extend my license with 200 extra days - for free .He asked me if I accept . Of course I kindly replied it was not necessary but he added 200 days to my license for no reason. Great!

11. stratoc

stratoc Guest

I contacted them about a very minor issue i had (the support tool didn't work) turns out it was an issue on certain set ups, fixed in 3 days a phone call same evening to check all was working.
    First class service. Unlike, sadly most mainstream av companies who don't give a damn about a small 1 pc end user. I shall mention no names, but some av's you really need to rely on the help of other users in forums such as these :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.