Norton Launches 2012 Products

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by malexous, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Have you rebooted the system? The numbers won't change until you do.

And that update page never works.

2. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Yes, i run liveupdate, then reboot, same version.

Then i try manually, same version....even when i go to version chek it says i got latest version, but i dont...

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Sometimes it takes a day or two before the update is pushed out to all systems. Apparently it's not available yet from the LiveUpdate server your system is connecting with. That's why NIS is saying you have the latest version. Just give it a couple of days.

4. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Ok, thanks.

5. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

This is intentional, including the use of old vulnerable browsers. If exploits are blocked by a patched up-to-date OS and browsers, all participating products will automatically get a perfect score on that particular malware/exploit, without its protection actually coming into effect.

as it says in the report.

6. d0t

d0t Registered Member

I gotta say I'm very impressed with their product. I have noticed no slow down at all and their detection rate seems to be pretty good!

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I do have to say that the 19.6.x.x builds have finally been pretty good and I haven't yet found a reason to complain about them. The current 19.6.2.10 especially has been great. No slowdowns, no false positives yet. I keep saying yet because over the last couple of years it always comes and ends up being the reason that I uninstall. We'll see how long it takes this time. :ninja:

8. skp14

skp14 Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
  9. skp14

skp14 Registered Member

Just a heads up on the Newegg offer. There's some genuine negative reviews there for A/V 2012. Might want to read those first, I think I'd pass on it from the reviews I read.

10. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

Wow thats some bad reviewso_Owhat about all those No.1 theory??

11. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

probably written by trolls who have never used the product:-you get them doing it for every popular product

12. xxJackxx

Agreed. Most bad reviews of Norton are posted by trolls that never used it or people that haven't used it since 2003-2006 when it truly did suck. You can find bad reviews on any product and none of them are flawless by any means. I can say from about 3 years of recent experience with Norton that is one of my top 2 products and when you can find free after rebate deals it is more than worth getting. My only complaint with the 2012 version has been the automatic deletion of false positives and even that has been something I haven't experienced with the 19.6.* builds.

13. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

running awesome on my pc.

14. malexous

malexous Registered Member

15. DX2

DX2 Guest

Norton 2012 is hard to beat. It blocks everything I can throw at it. The only thing I've experienced is the slow down after a while of it being installed.

16. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

Or maybe Probably They are bunch of malware writers who doesn't want people to use Norton Products because they will catch the malwares just when they are made!!! :doubt: :doubt:
    Who Knows :eek: :eek: !!!

17. xxJackxx

I'm glad someone else has noticed this. I started a thread on the subject and everyone else that posted disagreed. I think it happens just slowly enough that people don't notice it. It does seem to be less of a problem with the newer builds though. Maybe some day they will get it fixed.

18. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Oddly enough, I've seen this happen with PC Tools as well, which might indicate an engine/database problem rather than a product problem.

19. xxJackxx

Could be. Maybe it just gets bloated.

I see a lot of speculation about a 2013 beta before too much longer. If the past 2 years mean anything it should be soon. No idea if it will happen but I am bored and would like to see it.

20. malexous

malexous Registered Member

New Update - version 19.8 of Norton Internet Security 2012 and Norton AntiVirus 2012 - Windows 8 compatibility update

Product Update - Norton 360 6.3 is now available - Windows 8 compatibility update
    (same changes as quoted above)

21. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

thanks I wondered what the change log was just didnt both finding it lol

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.