norton internet security

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by robbie schlaufman, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :) i have to enable my internet security to download updates is ther a nother way for the up dates to get through wihout me disableing it?

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Edit: comments removed as I referenced the wrong definition update :rolleyes:

Regards,

CrazyM

4. robbie schlaufman

robbie schlaufman Registered Member

5. robbie schlaufman

Thank you i did the information all over again. Thank again.

6. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

:) nice

Welcome to the Wilders Security Forum Barbie

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Barbie,

Welcome to the forum! :)

Can you explain a little more about the update problem you are having. What happens, what doesn't and any errors you see? Some more details will help us to help you...

8. robbie schlaufman

blaster

when i try to download the spyblaster updates it won let me because i have norton internet security firewall and i have to disable it to get down loads is there another way i can down load them with out disabaling it. Thank you

9. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, the key is going to be within the rules you've set up in NIS for the SpywareBlaster update program. If you have not allowed SpywareBlaster to connect out to the Internet for updates, then NIS will surely block it.

We really need you to look at the rules/config for SpywareBlaster and tell us how you have it set. CrazyM who posted above is one of the NIS experts here and can help you with it.

10. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

NIS should prompt you for action when you run the SpywareBlaster live update. Your options would be to Permit (this time only), Block or Manually Configure a Rule. (If you check the "Always use this action" in addition to Permit it will create a permanent Permit All rule - not something you want. If you click that in addition to Block - it will create a permanent Block All rule) There are no automatic rules for SpywareBlaster at this time.

If you select Manual, NIS will start the rules wizard which will take you through the steps involved in creating the rule. By default the rules wizard will restrict the remote IP address to the one resulting in the prompt. Select Any Address at this point as SpywareBlaster uses more than one server. You can check your logs later for the different IP's and modify the rule later if you want to restrict the remote address.

If you are not being prompted, check your program rules in the event you have mistakenly created a Block rule.

Regards,

CrazyM

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.