Norton Internet Security and corrupted HTML

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Andrea Pierini, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi to all,
    I installed Norton Internet Security 2002 on my laptop and executed LiveUpdate. If I take an asp page from my web server using MS Visual Studio through FrontPage Server Extension to modify it, I have the following problem: with NIS disabled everything works fine, with NIS enabled the files come to me modified! For example the code:

<a href="mailto:<%=Application("ManagerMail")%>">

is changed by NIS to

<a href="mailto><%=Application("ManagerMail")%>">

Besides there are some zip files that I download corrupted if NIS is enabled and not corrupted if NIS is disabled, using Internet Explorer; I think the two problems are related.
    I tried to give IE more rights, give the web server more rights, disable some features of NIS ... but nothing works except turn it off completely.
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks in advance
    Andrea Pierini

e-mail: centrumREMOVE___ME@iol.it

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Andrea

Is it just viewing the files when you notice this? Or does it appear to affect editing as well? Just curious if anything else could account for this. I am not familiar with the apps you are using, perhaps you could provide some more detail on the process and services/protocols involved in the event the proxy server in NIS may be impacting what you are doing.

I have not experienced any problems downloading files when using NIS. Does this happen randomly at different sites, or is the problem confined to a particular site?

Regards,
    CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.