Norton Internet Security 2012 - Reinstallation and Activations

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kevin523, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin523

Kevin523 Registered Member

Hello Wilder members,
    I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I recently purchased a license for Norton Internet Security 2011 with a 3 PC limit. However because NIS 2012 came out I upgraded to that instead and used my key - all is fine.

I have activated my license on 2 PCs. However I need to reformat my PC. So my question becomes - what happens to those activations? If I reformat and reinstall NIS 2012 and activate with my license again will that count as the 3rd PC activated? In other words, if I reformat do I lose an activation slot? Or does Norton know it's the same computer somehow and re-use the same activation since it's the same PC?

If someone could definitively answer this question for certain I'd appreciate it. I'm hoping someone has done this before and knows the answer to my question.

I must say I do love NIS 2012 so far. It's nice and light and I love the interface. Plus with everything I've read it has very good detection.

Thanks to anyone who can help. :)

2. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

No. :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  3. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

On the off chance that this does happen, just open up a live chat with Norton Support and they'll sort you out.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I've got 2 machines out of 3 that I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, reformatted and installed Norton on again and have not had an issue. I am not sure how they identify your machine but it always seems to recognize them.

5. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Hi Kevin523,
    I even transferred my license to a new laptop and didn't face any problem. As Seeker said, if you face any issue, please contact support and they will sort it out for you.

Thanks,
    Ziaul

6. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

support would always sort matters for you

also, in your Norton Account, you could see no. of activation done

7. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Speaking of support of Symantec... I was in contact with their live chat support. I had to wait 11 minutes before the chat began. The issue was resolved (it was regarding licenses and moving them to new computers).

At the end of the support session, the guy in the support _asked_ me if it was okay he added 30 days to my subscription as an excuse for me having to wait such a long time.

That was VERY generous and I didn't even mind waiting 11 minutes for a live chat with their support to begin. Neither did I mention I was displeased with the queue time either. He just offered me it out of the blue!

Symantec support has so far been one of the best I've encountered. :D

8. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

correct, I had said that many times about norton and bitdefender

in my case they allowed my 1Pc subscription to run on 2 PC :)

9. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

I had the same thing the other day - 30 days extra offered as a gesture of "good will". Their live chat support certainly is good!

10. Kevin523

Kevin523 Registered Member

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've reformatted my PC and will install N IS 2012 tonight and we'll see how the activation goes. I didn't realize you could sign into your Norton Account and see how many activations you've used. I'll have to be sure to check that out. :)

11. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Hi,
    I also have the same experience with them, their support is great.:thumb:

Ziaul

12. xandros

xandros Registered Member

after i uninstall nis 2011 , i restart the computer
    after that i install nis 2012 and its detect the key automatic and its complete working without any problems

i love nis 2012 more than 2011
    coz its more light and the detection better & sonar 3 i think & the update more faster

thanx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.