Norton Internet Security 2009 and my privacy concerns

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Katmai, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katmai

Katmai Registered Member

I have two questions about Nis 2009 and privacy.

First one is,do Nis able to fill the forms of other languages?

Second is,when we save our credit card information and other personal information with NIS,how can I know that NIS don't send my personal-credit card information to Symantec?Even if they don't use my credit card,they may know all the details of me,and for me this is a privacy concern.

2. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

>how can I know that NIS don't ...
    you cant you just have to trust their proprietary closed source product

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

You always have to decide who you choose to trust and who you choose not to trust, usually based on very little information. As for NIS, you have to ask yourself if Symantec would open themselves up to the risk of being caught and alienating hundreds of thousands of customers. I'd trust Symantec before I trusted "ABC Internet Security" who might offer a product to do the same thing. You look at the landscape, see what who has what to lose, who has what to gain, look at all the info you can find and make decisions accordingly. It isn't always easy, but to me, this is pretty easy. I'd trust Symantec...too much to lose.

4. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

I think the only way your going to get a straight up answer to your question is to contact their customer support, Norton is Huge and used by Millions worldwide, I used to use Norton but got tired of it using too many resources when I was using a lower performance Machine!

But yes I trust Symantic! Its the only one that rates almost as perfect as ZoneAlarm!

5. Michael York

Michael York Registered Member

Hello Katmai,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

To answer your first question, the ability to use different languages when setting up Identity Safe cards is dependent on the language that Windows is using.

The “Identity Safe” and “Phishing Protection” features of Norton Internet Security 2009 are designed to keep your private information secure.

Below is a link to the Symantec Privacy Policy. If you have specific questions about this policy, Section 1.9 of the document lists the ways in which you can contact the Privacy department for more specific questions.

Symantec Privacy Policy

Thank you,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.