Norton Internet Security 2008, will it suit my needs?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vpicbm, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpicbm

vpicbm Registered Member

Well I would actually consider myself somewhat of a tech savvy user. Before I decided to get a security suite, I had the following setup:

- Avira Home Edition
    - Comodo Firewall
    - Adaware SE

(actually quite similar to yours dNor)

The main reason why I want to switch to a security suite is most of all convenience. I'm simply tired of dealing with 3 different programs that each have their own update mechanism, own pop-ups, own taskbar icons, etc
    I'm not 100% on this, but I also think that 3 different programs are heavier on the resources than a single all-in-one application.

Some might argue that the patchwork approach offers better security. This is probably true, but then again I usually stay away from "the dark side of the internet". Plus I'm behind a router firewall that should keep me quite safe.

So, I'm still looking for a easy-to-use security suite that is light on system resources. (I have some really crappy PCs in my household).

I really thought NIS 2008 might be it, but that uninstall crap kinda puts me off. I might give Avira a shot though.

What do you think of F-Secure. Nobody mentioned it yet. Is it any good?

2. dNor

dNor Registered Member

Here's a recent Wilders thread on F-Secure, for some insight.

Personally I stay away from security suites, but I can definiately understand the desires for one. KIS7 was an amazing suite when I used it; light on resources, great UI, and all the features I wanted. The only thing that kept me from buying and using it was no matter my efforts, it slowed down my boot time to a crawl.

There's a few other suite threads in the other AV section here, going back 2-3 pages while remaining recent and relevant.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.