Norton Ghost 9 vs. TI7/8 ?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by NG9, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NG9

NG9 Guest

Anyone try NG9 yet ? Since I have had nothing but problems w/both WS and server versions of TI, I finally removed both versions last night. I am tired of searching support forums, and doing their dirty work.

I think the last GOOD version was TI7 Build 597. Worked w/my SATA drives on RAID array, no crazy errors, etc. But since they want to release new versions that don't work, sadly, I must try alternates.

Hopefully since Ghost 9 is essentially a upgraded Drive Image, it will allow us to do "in-Windows" imaging, file restore, etc.

I am about to install the trial now, however, I still need to complete the god-awful manual uninstall of TI since its' uninstall removes hardly anything.

Too bad, the product had good promise. I think they got bit by the upgrade-give-us-money bug.

2. Tsu

Tsu Registered Member

Hi.. this is probably going to get moved to the software forum by the mods as a non-acronis topic. There is lots of discussion there already on your points.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, NG9

You are having a Joke!

TheQuest :cool:

4. NG9

NG9 Guest

Having a Joke ? WTF ? Sounds like Engrish or Spanglish.

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, NG9

That was in response to you starting this thread in the Acronis TrueImage Support Forum, and ask about Norton Ghost 9.

But when you type WTF to me, it could mean anything in any creolised language [ie. pidgin] as you hide behind being a guest and do not say where you are from, I take it you have not literate in either English or Spanish.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

6. SimonC

SimonC Registered Member

As a user of Ti8 recently and NG9 since then I will say this...

At least NG9 works 99% of the time unlike the 0% success rate I had with Ti8.

7. wolfgang_362

wolfgang_362 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.