Norton from comcast ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Johnny B Goode, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny B Goode

Johnny B Goode Registered Member

Hi all is This a good AV and overall security i would like to use it so far on windows 8.1 i have been using just the built in stuff, but my ISP offers this and i was wondering if i should go with it after all they should give me something, for all the money i pay them. I was also wondering if it will block my programs like Steam,Netflix metro app and windows games and stuff like that. If anyone is using it let me know i run a high performance alienware machine so slow down should not be a issue i would think.

2. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

Hey Johnny,

I have been using Norton Internet Security for over 4 years and I consider it to be one of the premier security suites. AV and anti-malware is excellent (but I still complement it with Shadow Defender). I don't think you will have any problems with it blocking legitimate software, but if you do it is easy to 'allow access'. While Norton installs quite a number of programs, in operation there is very little performance impact.

TS

3. Johnny B Goode

Thanks Shadow for the prompt reply :) is there anything i need to do to it when i play games ?

4. century

century Registered Member

Norton IS a good AV & overall security. Go with it unless you FANCY something else. I second "The Shadow".

5. Johnny B Goode

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.