Norton discounts

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ComputerSaysNo, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Yeah.. Just when i was wondering when the hell was my reply? ROFL

Yeah, Behaviour Blocker, ( Which is kind of like a Behaviour Firewall isn't it ) .... good old me that must have been a long time ago.

Anyway, can i buy the 3 license Keys, and used it for 3 years instead?

2. fax

fax Registered Member

Well, if you stretch the meaning of a firewall a lot you could even say that :D

Thats should be possible (merging 3 licenses into 1 for three years) but best to check with webroot support directly. http://www.webrootanywhere.com/support

3. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Sorry for the license i was referring back to Norton. If that is possible it is $5 per year. Amazing Deal !

4. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

I don't think so: as far as I understand it in a 3 license pack (which is intended for 3 PCs in the same household) the clock starts running for all 3 from the time that the first one is installed/activated.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Nort...to-activate-all-3-licences/m-p/541126#M173896

5. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    I'm trialing Norton 360 at present.

6. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

I am still running it sportsfan. I actually like it so far, and the overall resource usage on my laptop is much lower than Comodo, Avira, Avast, BD to name a few. If it continues as well managed as it has been, I will grab that 13.99 3 pc deal. Hard to beat for this kind of quality protection that so far has not interfered at all with my system, nor does it suck the life out of it.

I am truly surprised at the improvement of their software, or at least N360. As stated, I have not used a norton product for years due to the myriad issues they have had over the years. It performs so well, it honestly is hard for me to believe it is from Norton. So far so good. :)

I hope it works out for you sportsfan, let us know please what you think. other than a lack of control in some settings, the product pretty much covers the bases well, and actually cleans itself up. The "Norton Installer" logs of 61MB were finally cleaned up after I booted up this morning, cleaning up 40MB worth of installer logs. Now installation size on my laptop is under 350MB, although of course it will grow over time, it remains less than half the size of the 'heavy hitters' such as BD, Kaspersky, etc. and much better performance, at least in my experience.

7. sportsfan7700

Good to hear from you Jim ~I'm in the process of buying a new laptop in the next few weeks so it will be more responsive on the new machine but it's not dragging down my system much at all..

Haven't rebooted yet but will let you know tomorrow morning. So far, so good!

8. Jim1cor13

Sounds good sportsfan :) Glad to hear you like it so far. I think it will perform well on your new laptop, based upon how it is doing on mine which is a Dell Inspiron E1705 Dual Core, 1.73GHZ Intel, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD which I installed Win7 on in Nov. 2009, even though Dell said "this laptop will not support Win7"...well...it supported fine, just had some driver issues that actually Vista that came with it, Vista drivers worked fine in Win7 for the touch pad mouse, sound, etc. It is 5 years old but quite capable. So I would say a new laptop you are getting should perform very well with n360 if you choose to use it.

I am really close to buying it, but still having 28 days left for testing, I will maybe go a few more days, but so far, very impressed. Keep us posted my friend :)

9. sportsfan7700

Running well. Probably going to buy a dell Inspirion soon so it should run well on that machine. The deal for up to three machines is just too good to pass up. It should run well on the Dell Inspirion 15R I'm planning to purchase in the next month or so. Matt

10. Jim1cor13

Good to hear Matt. I agree, and your new Inspiron you're planning to buy sounds great also. Nice machines.

It really is difficult to pass the offer up, hard to beat indeed. I am about 90% decided to just buy it LOL I also noticed another thing I like...N360 so far has done an excellent job at cleaning itself up. The Norton Installer logs after install were 61.1MB on this machine...I thought this is crazy...now 2 days after install, it has been reduced down to 13.9MB without me doing any house cleaning so to speak. It appears very tightly managed, and simply does what it is supposed to do without the 'drama'. Quiet and so far really easy on the system. This is something I have been looking for in a paid solution, quiet, no drama, no bloat, and stable. So far fits the bill to a "T" and I have been testing so many the last couple months it gets tiring. When I think of all the AV's I have used and tested over the last 16 years, plus the associated problems in doing so, it would add up to a lot of time. Finally something that behaves and doesn't take your system hostage, nor ones hard disk space ;)

Edit: Matt, I decided last night to grab N360 before they pulled the special for whatever reason. I found out it was offered back in May also, then was removed, and just being offered again Aug 19 I believe. Got it for 13.99 + .84 tax-total= 14.83 for up to 3 pc's using discount code :) Norton also gave me 366 days for subscription after activating the trial install, plus 60 day money back guarantee. Too good a deal to pass up after seeing how well it performs. Just thought I would tell you.

Have a good day. :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  11. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

I bought a licence and was considering buying another one for..."next year"! Am I out of my mind? The licence have no expiry date and can be activated anytime?
    :(

12. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

The license will work for at least 4-5 years. I believe you can activate version 2012 with licenses as old as for Norton 2007, but not older.

13. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Holy smoke! Really?:blink:

14. sportsfan7700

Trying to order but it says $59.99 even with the coupon code..is the deal over?

15. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

Thread # 15 please! Check the quantity, enter the coupon offer and click apply. Offer still on.;)

16. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

The deal is on. Go here Type in 30CPNPALN360 in the box that says Enter Coupon Code. Click on 'Apply'. And wait while the webpage reloads itself. Then voila! Norton 360 at $13.99 only.

17. Jim1cor13

18. sportsfan7700

Ordered as of now :)

19. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

No prob Jim.;)

20. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

21. Jim1cor13

Glad it worked out Matt :) Just a note in case you were wondering...to activate your trial install...open the norton interface by clicking the tray icon once...then click "Renew" link, bottom left on the UI, make sure you are connected online, then click "I have a product key" or something to that effect...then click that link, a box will appear, copy, then paste the key into the box, and apply it, it should then read 366 days :)

Thought it would help if you were like me and wondering how to activate the trial, it was easy once I clicked that "Renew" link. :) Hope it does well for you. Running excellent here, so far I am very impressed...did not think I would ever say that about another Norton product, but it is true. I give credit where it is due, and they have done a nice job compared to previous years offerings.

Have a good day. Also thanks acr1965 for the link to facebook promo. :)

22. sportsfan7700

Jim, you also. I'm planning to wait to use N360 until I purchase my Toshiba Satelite laptop with a large 17.3 inch display. It got an excellent review from a tester in which it blocked everything as well..

Thanks also for the tip on the way to register the product. Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.