Norton AV+

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Curious, I have popped this on and off a few times and the things I like are the way it basically takes care of what my backup AS was needed for. Also its web browser ranks among the tops in speed. But just checking the history and came across the image below. It is related to the firewall, and this is just the AV?

Attached Files:

2. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

The first two are related to firewall control and the rest are program control related. Apparently they use whitelists to determine what is safe to access the net or make changes to your computer. You can set it for manual control for both firewall and program control but then you will be in popup hell, lol.

3. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Also if you want to see something interesting, highlight the qttask.exe and click on "More Details". You will be surprised how many settings QuickTime affects. I have since taken it off and use K-Lite Mega Codecs which has all the codecs plus Realtime and QT Alternatives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.