Norton Automatic Renewal

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by chris1341, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

I have been using NIS2009 on my daughter laptop as it's quiet, light and does not ask her questions she could not appropriately answer.

I knew it was coming up for renewal and had noticed in the local stores the boxed 3 user license version coming in around £25 although I have seen it around £15. Expected Symantec to offer me a price somewhat lower than that for loyalty etc.

Got my e-mail today and they state they will take £63 from my account in 14 days. 150% more than I'd need to pay if I go to the shop for a boxed version!

Just a warning if you have this or know of relatives etc who might. Don't sign up for automatic renewal and if you plan on extending your license shop around!

As for me it's a sign to move on. Norton's gone.

Cheers

2. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

You can find NIS06 keys online for cheap; they also work with NIS09. You can cancel renewal by visting www.mynortonaccount.com or by contacting support @ norton.com/support

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I understand how you feel, but don't be offended. It's pretty much "standard operating procedure" for the vendors to charge more for the online subscription renewals then you can get the retail packages for on sale. Symantec is not unique in that regard. You've already hit on the answer, i.e. disable automatic renewal and acquire your licenses elsewhere. Work the system! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.