Norton Antivirus Pro 2003 doesn't remove adware

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Jimbob1989, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I have just done a full system scan using Norton Antivirus Pro 2003 and I couldn't remove the following:

Any advice?

Jimbob

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

It looks like you have the BargainBuddy parasite. See HERE for more information...

3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

4. Jimbob1989

If I do a search for 'Bargain' it displays copyies of it zipped up in the recovery folder of Spybot. Will delete them and do another scan.

Jimbob

5. gamegeek2

gamegeek2 Guest

I can recognise

since I once had it on my computer. What I did was I opened the task manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE) and searched for 'Bargains' on it. It then quit that file and no other problems, but sometimes, like when my brother got it (seems that he went on my computer and downloaded something on it aswell) I tried the same thing I did on mine, but the computer crashed when it was exitting the process, so I restarted it.

I then went to the 'Start' menu, then 'Settings' then 'Control Panel', and then I opened up the 'Add/Remove Programs', and I located 'Bullseye Networks' or something similar to that (it was ages ago), and then I clicked on the 'Add/Remove' button. It then directed me towards an uninstallization page of Bullseyes where it asked you if you're really sure you want to uninstall that crap it gave you, so say yes to whatever of that type comes up. Eventually, it will give you a question on why 'do you want to uninstall our product?'. Type whatever 'comment' you wish to in there. :d

6. Jimbob1989

Spybot has moved it to try and stop it however I cannot delete it so I believe the process is still running, I will try process watch in ad-aware 6 pro.

Jimbob

7. Jimbob1989

I have got it sorted now. Spybot had removed the uninstall so I recovered it, uninstalled bargain bucket and am about to do a spybot search again.

Jimbob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.