Norton antivirus 2011 7.49 $ hurry !!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by osmandemi, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Can you see it ?
    That's hard to miss.

cap1.JPG

2. Doraemon

Doraemon Registered Member

It's not that picture what I was talking about. It's AFTER you have purchased it. o_O o_O o_O

3. pabrate

Sorry, that pic was intended for the other guy claiming it's hidden in EULA / fine print.

For the AFTER ... it will only appear if you actually bought it with the credit card.

4. Doraemon

Doraemon Registered Member

Sorry mate! :D :D :D :D

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

* Re-read my email. I never said it was hidden. I already purchased it months ago. Using the www.mynortonaccount.com looks totally different than the screen you posted.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  6. pabrate

Quoted your post for some unknow reason , it was for Kirk Reynolds , sorry about that clocks.
    I was in a hurry ...

That pic was not from www.mynortonaccount.com , but from the shop before you buy it, point was how they warn you about auto-renewal.

As for your problem, I don't know why you don't have it, I cancelled it without problems , you can do it via their live chat, there are other methods :

http://www.symantec.com/support/cancel.html

http://www.symantec.com/support/status.html

7. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Hi,
    Pabrate is absolutely right, it is very easy to cancel the automatic renewal. You will also receive a confirmation email, warning you that you have cancelled automatic renewal. If you cancel it from your account, or else you can cancel it via live chat support. I currently hold more than 10 licenses and there has never been any such issues.

I also wanted to inform you guys about another great offer that is going on. Buy 1 and get 1 free offer, if you visit the official Hong Kong store http://www.nortonstore.hk/?lang_id=en&source=EOL_Norton_com&inid=hk_en_ghp_link_eolpromo.

I have already purchased three single user NIS licenses and will be soon getting my three copies of NIS for free. Make sure you purchase them separately.

8. Kirk Reynolds

Kirk Reynolds Registered Member

There's only one reason to have an opt out for that instead of an opt in. Symantec is counting on "catching unsuspecting and/or unwitting customers who don't bother to read the EULA or the fine print".

One can discuss semantics or pick it apart word for word, but the essence of what I said i still there. I can interchange a few words.

It's similar to bundling a toolbar with an installer, and making it opt out during the install routine, instead of an opt in. There is only one reason to do that, and that's to catch unsuspecting and/or unwitting users who don't bother to do an advanced install, or who are just plain click happy. It's their lesson to learn from, granted, but that doesn't remove the intent of whoever packaged that installer.

I think it's seedy. If you don't see anything seedy about that, then that's fine. It's not a crime. We'll agree to disagree. Maybe a few of those "unwitting" potential customers have read this thread, and they can make up their own mind.:)

9. pabrate

Like I said, that's business :)

I don't think it's seedy cause they clearly say that to you before you purchase it (look at the picture).
    Besides, even if you don't opt out during your license period , they will send you email 15 days (or more, can't remember) before license expires, saying that it will auto-renew if you don't react :)

If you find that seedy , then that's fine, we'll agree to disagree :cool:

10. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I agree, I saw the disclosure....and that was the first thing I changed. See my picture above. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.