Norton Antivirus 2009 and Norton Internet Securithy 2009 final versons released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cloudcroft, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Well I will say this thread is going to get closed. As now all it seems to be doing is going around in circles and so on the verge of a A VS B again it aint even funny :doubt:

If certen people would just simply STFU. we might be able to keep this thread open but how its moving now I see that as not a Option. :doubt:

2. StevieE9

StevieE9 Registered Member

I merely engaging in a debate about a piece of software. If people want to make their observations its up to them. I suggest you make that comment to all.

3. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

SteveE, as I said before, we are here trying to let people know something about NIS, but people here seems think we are evil trying to bash their beloved norton. I see you are trying to use FACTS to tell people something about NIS, but people will simply ignore that and continue to live in their dreams. I would say, please, Steve, let's stop and leave them so that they can continue to enjoy their dream.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I understand, and respect that, but why not start a new thread just on the viewpoints you feel so strong about. No one can argue that. Just a thought.:)

5. StevieE9

StevieE9 Registered Member

I think you are right.

I'm sure there is enough information in this thread for a genuinely open-minded user to make the best judgement about their system.

6. Pseudo

Pseudo Registered Member

I'm sorry, but ignorant comments like "I TELL YA, YOU'LL BE SORRY ONCE YOU HAVE MILLIONS OF BOTNETS RUNNING, AND YOU'LL BE SORRY TO THOSE YOU SHARE A NETWORK WITH" aren't facts. The oh-so-light NIS 09 and running as a limited user really does it for me; I've tried every AV you can name (well, almost *puppy*) and I still prefer the new Norton over them.

7. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Ok enough is enough..

Fact's are a mater of retrospect you can bend them to show your view or someone Else's view as the Fact's show a test Norton has improved that's all people are saying why for some reason people can not handle this fact and go on for PAGES about it. just get over some people are exited about this release and leave it at that quit trying to drag everyone down.

if this don't stop soon a Admin will simply have to step in then I will warn you all there will be hell to pay ;)

8. edd3800

edd3800 Registered Member

Just an update. The NIS 2009 Beta ran smooth and light. I just uninstall it. No Problems with the uninstall. As I said in early post $70 was more that I wanted to spend. I bought NIS 2008 one user retail box from Computer's Worth for a few cents shy of $29. I download NIS 2009 from Symantec. Install was fast about 2 or 3 minutes. I enter 2008 Product key and now have 366 days left.
    Guys I got to tell since 2003 I've tried many security programs AV and Internet Security. Some only lasted a few days just didn't like them but most I used for awhile and they all had one thing in common they all protected my computer without anything getting past them.

9. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Only thing I know is that only coward and self-centered ones will bully others. Who do you think you are to warm me? :thumbd:

10. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Edit.

Admin please delete this post.. it's simply not worth it.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Folks, this is not helping anyone, it really isnt. Most of these posts should be sent as PMs. I think LWM warned all one, trust me, he wont warn twice, and he should not have to. This is a reflection of us, the members, and it would not matter what product was being discusses, it just isnt right. It just isnt right.

12. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Thread closed following "time-out".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.