Norton Antispam

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Ok 2009 integrates with Outlook and Express. Did Norton forget Vista and Windows Mail. Doesnt make sense.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

now downloading the 2009 addon pak for antispam. We shall see how it differs.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

installed it but dont see it. No big deal but you would have thought it would be easier then this, or just leave it out.

4. edd3800

edd3800 Registered Member

Trjam Windows Mail is the successor to Outlook Express Did you try to train Norton. Go to help in Norton and put Windows Mail in search

5. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I wish Symantec soon start with adding Thunderbird to the email programs they support...

6. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Why would anyone use this when the detection rate is abysmal compared to open-source solutions I fail to see...

7. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

According to you everything is "abysmal", and you o supreme non test believer. so why would you be quoting stats ? I fail to see.

8. doktornotor

There's no need to quote stats or tests, you can try it yourself. Norton Antispam is a complete fail. Why don't they actually focus on security products instead of sticking their nose into stuff they completely don't understand?

9. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Last check. they have as there security products are doing quite well right now. and every company starts off on something at the bottom you can have everything at the git go. but we shall see what happens.

10. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

Maybe because it's right at your hands, build-in NIS 2009. A lot easier than download another application, don't you think?

Speak for yourself, it works very well on my rigs.

Cheers

11. doktornotor

Sorry, I prefer solutions that actually work to those "all-in-one" suites. It might be a lot easier but it's completely useless when half of spam gets missed and you get tons of false positives as a bonus.

12. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

Well, I can only repeat myself. It works very well on my rigs, when it first ran through the learning procedure. Yes it blocks some wrong mails from time to time, but blocks most of the spam. Most antispam programs I've used does exactly the same, not better, nor worse . In fact, if you use Outlook 2003 or 2007, the built-in spam filter in there, is one of the best I've ever seen/tried. But hell, keep on bashing Symantec's products, it's kindda fun reading, even if it's starting to get a little trivial and pathetic.

Cheers

13. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Me thinks you should stop signing up at shady websites and giving them your email address. or it could be other things you have done..

My ISP email I get a spam message maybe once every 2 or 3 months if not longer.

and my Gmail account I have yet to get any spam.

People that get a lot of spam seriously need to start watching who they give there email to in the first place. :p

14. doktornotor

LOL, how does the above exactly matter in this debate? (Not that I'd do any signing up with the production email address anywhere, I have bunch of "dedicated" ones for this.) Antispam is there to filter this junk. Yeah, you could as well not use email at all and be happy, that won't improve Norton Antispam's detection rate at all either. As far as spam filtering goes, you'll do yourself a lot better service redirecting your mail to Gmail instead of installing products like Norton Antispam.

15. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Or just not get spam at all. ether way problem solved. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.