Norton Anti Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by CHiD, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHiD

CHiD Registered Member

Is Norton AV any good? I have heard conflicting opinions, some stating that it slows the machine dreadfully and also misses viruses that other AV software picks up.

I ask for two reasons. Firstly, I have Norton and AVG installed and AVG has picked up two viruses that NAV didn't, but NAV picked up one that AVG missed.

Secondly, I am working on a machine that has had NAV installed quite recently and since that install the machine works extremely slowly and in spite of broadband, downloads terribly slowly, with some domains not being reachable at all.

Any feedback would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Chris

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Chris,

It's a matter of opinion, really. In case you're interested; you'll find a "vivid" discussion over'here.

regards.

paul

3. CHiD

CHiD Registered Member

Paul

That was a very interesting read. Many thanks.

Chris.

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

My usual answer would be"my pleasure. In this case I for one am not pleased at all. Then again, it's useful information indeed - and that's what counts in the end.

regards.

paul

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Boy oh boy I don't personally like norton but the disscusion at the link is pretty caustic. Norton has caused me a lot of problems but instead of ranting on like that I just broke my cdrom of system works and pretty much let it go. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.