Norton 360

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by LombaxPrime, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LombaxPrime

LombaxPrime Registered Member

So I ran Norton and the trial version of MbAM, both doing full scans and it went well over 2hrs without finish, before I decided to cancel the scans. any ideas why it was taking so long?

I mean I understand that maybe it's because I have a lot of programs on this computer, but I don't know, it seemed like a lot to me.:ouch:

-Lombax

2. biscuits

biscuits Registered Member

You shouldn't use them for scanning at the same time. Two scanners accessing the same file can cause some slowdowns.

3. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Do you have a lot of big archives? Those take forever to scan.

4. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi Lombax :)

Personally, with both scanners running, I would agree absolutely that with both vying for the same files, it is too much at one time. In my opinion, just run a N360 scan first. That should be enough, but if you want to run both, run MBAM last. Strange things can happen trying to do what you tried, especially the likely result of the scan(s) not being able to finish as they are working against each other, and the longer they go, the more resources are used until it comes to a crawl. That is asking for a crash or lock up I would think.

5. LombaxPrime

LombaxPrime Registered Member

Alright, thanks for the info guys, it's like I thought, running both would slow things down. I probably do have big archives, although I've only had this thing for a year or so, and I don't think I've put much in it.

-Lombax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.