Norton 360

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by anderb, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anderb

anderb Registered Member

Hello friends,I´m here again to ask some questions about this software,how often does it update and where can I check if I have the latest virus database,is it a good software to protect my pc?Thanks:)

2. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

My wife has it on her computer, a new (5 month's old) Dell with XP Pro which she specified rather than Vista, and she loves it. I've never used Norton so don't know where to check. I do know it's already saved her several times. She does graphics art and hangs out in graphics forums, downloads stuff and sometimes gets an infected download.

We're on DSL, and when she's online it seems to update several times a day, but no slowdown or any problem whatever while it's doing it's thing. She has lots of RAM though which might make a difference. The only thing I can say about how good Norton is or isn't is that she's said a couple of times how much better she likes and trusts it over mcafee, which she had before getting the Dell. She also loves the Dell. Considering what it cost me she'd better. It's a high end machine.

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I (reluctantly) just installed 360 on my aunt's PC last week. (I'm no Norton fan. :rolleyes: ) It seemed to load and run ok. 360 does not give much in specific detail other than things are basically ok or they're not ok. IMO, it's intended purchaser is someone who knows very little about PC security and wants/likes it that way! (It appears to me that 360 is Norton Internet Security with basic backup capability added and a very, very minimally useful user interface.)

I don't have the PC to look at now but I kept telling it to update until it said there were no more updates to load. I "assumed" that it will carry on by itself from that point onward. (It may have given a definition date/serial number but I don't remember at this point.)

IMO, if Norton is what you really want, buy Norton Internet Security. NIS does a better job of informing the user as to what is going on and 360's backup "thing" can be easily accomplished by other methods...

4. anderb

anderb Registered Member

Thank you all my friends for your replies,I´ve read on the net about Norton 360 and several magazines tell it´s very good even better than Norton Internet Security.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.