Norton 2009 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by s4u, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwod

iwod Registered Member

My only 2 problem with it.

PerfectDisk.
    It Keep saying i have update.... When i dont.

Other then that it is all good.

2. The_1337

The_1337 Registered Member

I'm not sure if it is the exact release date, but amazon says it will be released on september 15.

3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Well after reading all the positive feedback here I decided to install the suite on my laptop last night (build 120). Installation was very quick and without a hitch - didn't even need a reboot. I'm now using my laptop at work and I have to say from what I've seen so far and experienced this is, as others have said, very light. I've experienced no slowdowns whatsoever. It just seems to install 2 services (which hardly take up any memory) yet no actually start up entry which I've never seen before. I've got no issues with the GUI or the layout.

Upon the official release I may even be pursuaded to go for it if things carry on the way they are.

So good work Symantec!

4. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Ok, My Jaw is dropping right now.
    Symantec is the only AV product to catch this commercial Keylogger : Spyware.KGBSpy. (Apart from ThreatFire, which is also part of Symantec now)

See ~~. Only Symantec flags it, others don't even find it suspicious !!

~EC edit: Virustotal link removed as per TOS~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  5. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

That's a quick response for you!

I've got a query re. Norton Insight. Most of the apps on my laptop are listed as Trusted or Community Trusted. For those that aren't, how do I submit those to Symantec or are they automatically sent? Presumably the ones which shows as Community Trusted have been checked and confirmed as ok by users and sent to Symantec. Not entirely sure how this works.

Also how many of you are using the latest beta (120) on your main PCs? Do you think much will change between this build and the final release? If anyone's in the know would be good to hear from you.

~EC edit: Virustotal link removed as per TOS~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

That may true for boxed product, but I'm going to watch the online store to see when it becomes available for download.

7. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

Same here!:thumb:

8. smack

smack Registered Member

The info will be sent automatically for you in the background. Over time, as more Norton users scan their systems, the number of Trusted or Community Trusted files will go up, further reducing your scan times.

The final build number is 125...so, pretty much just bug fixes and some final performance tweaks.

9. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Thanks for letting me know.

10. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Does the release date of September15th (as stated on Amazon.com) seem solid?

11. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Just a heads-up for those who have been waiting. The final version of Norton Internet Security 2009 is now available for download from the Symantec site. :thumb:

Also, if you're running the Firefox add-ons, you should get an update for the Norton IPS add-on.

See new thread about release: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=219979

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.