norton 2007 upgrade need help quickly please!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi,

i have a version of Norton 2006 i have never used so im gonna give it to my neighbor. its norton internet security 2006. can you get a free upgrade to the lighter 2007 version? and if so do you use the same code?

and can you give me the link?
    im doing this tonight so can someone reply quickly please?
    the laptop is brand new so i wanted to just install the 2007 version right away.

thanks in advance
    lodore

2. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

yes norton 2006 key will definately work for 2007 version.

3. ashishtx

Just download the trial version from the symantec's website and use the norton 2006 key. This should work out perfectly.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i couldnt find the trial version on symantec's cluttered site imo. can someone provide me with a link?

lodore

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Here it is ( the link / trial versions 2007 Symantec)
    http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/sat...10&V5=&CUR=840&DSP=&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=0

I have never worked with Norton so I personally don't know the answer to the question of your original post . You may also want to contact Symantec HelpDesk/Tech Support

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it came with macafee installed so i used that instead but thanks anyways

lodore

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

no problems :cool:

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

o_O

How is this possible? I thought Symantec did not allow free upgrades for NAV?

9. ashishtx

I have done this myself and it has worked. I bought 2006 version did not used it and then downloaded the 2007 trial version. Installed it, and when prompted used the 2006 key. No problems here.

10. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

It is possible because scamantec recently changed their upgrade policy to offering the latest versions as long as your subscription is current. Of course you still have to deal with their unethical practices and the activation scheme they use which will only allow you to install / reinstall a few times before they kill your license key and tell you to buy a another one. Anyhow, the info here of using the trial version with your existing 2006 key also works and I had tested it before as working method. But recently scamantec has an area where they posted the instructions to download the upgrade for existing 2006 customers here it is:
    http://www.symantec.com/home_homeof...norton_2007_products&profileid=rowan_trollope

Of course this area is not advertised anywhere else as having the free upgrad downloads or info about it. Guess they are just hoping for the ones that give up and buy it anyway. I say this because their store has the upgrade version and if you use the pull down there it shows 2006 version listed when it asks which previous version your upgrading from.

Well for those who want their free 2006 to 2007 upgrade and scamantec has not killed off your license key yet, just get it at the link above and it is pretty simple from there.

11. ashishtx

Thanks Atomic Ed. I Knew it was official but could not find a webpage which mentions this thing. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.