Norton 2006 Product Launch

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by izi, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

As you can see in my post #61, I purchased NAV 2006. It runs very light. It does not bog down my system at all. I can't compare it to NAV 2003, because I don't remember how it ran on my old computer.

This may be a bit off topic, but maybe there are some who are interested. With NAV 2006, comes Norton Protection Center. It is something I believe is not needed, and that Symantec included it in NAV 2006 to sell more of their products. Namely, NIS and NSW. It basically tells a NAV 2006 user that his/her computer is not fully protected or running at it's best unless you install NIS or NSW. Click on the link, and it takes you to the Symantec store. This is very much like McAfee's Security Center. It is stuff like this that makes me wonder why I keep going back to Norton. o_O :doubt:

There are two threads about this at dslreports. I learned how to disable the Protection Center at this thread........

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14903440

Here is the other thread.......

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14497870

2. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

i still say that All Norton products should come with a stick of 512mb of memory in every box, to be able to be secure usin norton u have to run

1 Min added to start up
    13 SERVICES
    25000 Registry Values added
    3000 Registry Keys added

Nod32 And KAV u only need 2 SERVICES ruining up and you are better protect, anyway thats just my opinion

BTW here is my system, so is no about that my computer isn't powerful enough, o wait maybe it is :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/MATA7/System.jpg

3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

my friend luvs it 2 even got 4yrs LMAO Mata7 duz'nt seem that bad surfing? duno..

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  4. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

@maddawgz
    2127 Days, that's around 6 years! Since Norton doesn't sell 6 year licenses, and since some methods in the illegal circuit give this much days, I'll please ask you not to post screenshots of illegal obtained and activated programs anymore. I hope you understand... (and no I'm no moderator :oops: )

5. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

it musta gone kaput lol :rolleyes:

6. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Man, am I envious. :oops: All I got was the normal 365 day version of NAV 2006. :doubt: Time to write a nasty, hostile, complaining e-mail to Symantec. ;) :p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.