Norman Antivirus?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jmonge, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

did some one tried this antivirus with sandbox?
    is it anygood for virus blocking ?
    did anyone have a experience with it good or bad?
    do you recomended?
    i want to tri it should i try it?

2. risl

risl Registered Member

I haven't tried it lately, but atleast it has been quite heavy with many processes. Nothing fancy about it overall and their detection of malware in tests has'nt been any different or better than others despite their highly advertised sandbox. You'll probably get something better with a lower price. It's "popular" in my country(Finland)because it comes packed with atleast Fujitsu computers. This comment is based on experience of their version 5 series.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks.
    maybe they did a good overhault on this one cause i just installed it and it is ligth as feather but i dont now it is 29 mb download.looks stable here but who knows it is my first day experience.never try it before lets see what other buddies tell me about.

4. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I tested it a few months ago, and it runs heavy and detection rates are not the best. There are better programs on the market.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

wooooooooooo another negative testimonyo_O
    but it is better to hear the truth.
    come on people i want to hear more comments on this software negative or possitive.thanks in advance.

6. risl

risl Registered Member

It doesn't have any attribute that would be any better than in competing products. The product is simply not intresting in anyway. Atleast to me.

For example:

Avira has excellent detection rates, Kaspersky is known to be very fast in adding signatures, ESET is famous for their heuristics, Dr.Web is extremely light and stable .. and so on, What makes Norman special? ..

7. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Symantec-level resource hog with not even an average quality. No point in wasting time on this. Just my $0.02 ;)

8. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I used Norman for a couple of months since my bank offered it for free. True is that it uses some RAM, I cant remeber clearly now, but I think it was something about 40-60MB and since I dont care much about RAM I didnt bother to remember that, but it didnt slow down the computer, and that is the important thing imo. It didnt use much of the CPU while in background.
    I think it´s detection rate is above average (according to online tests) so it is acceptable. The sandboxing technology sounds fine but I have no clue how effective it is. imo it is no better or worse than the average AV.

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Thanks for all those who advice,really thanks for saving me $85 canadian dollars.:thumb: avira is free:thumb:
    it is important to listen to others for theirs experiences:thumb: thanks and
    Norman sorry you are out of my pc:D thanks again

10. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

The security suite Between 70,00K-90,000K,memory usage on a clean xp image,.Heavy load of the gui.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks for repying to my post and thanks also for the advice:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.