Noob with trojan

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Giorgos, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giorgos

Giorgos Guest

Hey guys,I'm a fresher;It was just today that I was informed by my local network office that my computer has been sending reports of trojan virus,though my McAffee would never complain about a thing!So I downloaded the TDS-3.I only have two alarms,with positive identification:
    1. Adware.WinAd.dk, in programfiles\windowstaskad\wintaskad.exe, and
    2.Adware.WinAd.c, in programfiles\windowstaskad\winsched.exe.

Are these familiar to you?Would you think that they are malicious,or could they be of the system?

Many thanks,

Giorgos

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

This is adware, you might not want it installed however. I have seen this one in particular installed along with some very nasty others.

Do you have an anti-adware program as well ? like Ad-Aware ?

3. Giorgos

Giorgos Guest

Re: Noob with trojan To Gavin

Hey Gavin,

many thanks for your reply,no I don't have anything other than the McAffee antivirus,and apart from the TDS-3,I just tried out a lousy online version of Adware Remover Gold,giving me 3-4 alarms about things like WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\IST activex.dll.Do you have any suggestions for free and good software?Apart from that,do you think it's possible that the whole story could be because of my using the web msn messenger?It's the only messenger that my local network's firewall will permit functioning.

Many thanks again,

Giorgos.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi giorgos, AdAware do a free version www.lavasoft.de also check out JavaCools tools in the forums here. Another free one is SpyBot search and destroy.
    If you just downloaded the TDS3 trial don't forget to update the radius file and re-scan, here is the link to the file and instructions:
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.