Non 7-Zip archive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Davidj, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davidj

Davidj Registered Member

I am trying to uninstall ATI Home 2009, build 9709 so I may upgrade to the latest build.

I deleted the program using Windows (Windows Vista Ultimate, SP 1, 32 bit) and downloaded the Acronis Clean Up Utility. When I try to run the Clean Up Utility I receive the following error message: "Acronis Cleanup error - Non
    7-Zip archive" and then there is a OK button to push.

Do I need to have a program for 7-Zip to make the Acronis Clean Up Utility run?

Appreciate any help.
  2. fungus

fungus Registered Member

7-zip is a freeware that can combine & compress files, just like Zip does.
    Your Clean Up might be compressed with 7-Zip, but that shouldn't matter since 7-zip can open both Zip and 7-zip files.

I'd try downloading the cleaner from a different source, maybe from Acronis, and see if it works any better. You may have a badly compressed file.

Fungus
  3. Davidj

Davidj Registered Member

Fungus,

Thanks for your prompt answer. In your answer you said

I downloaded from Acronis, I didn't know you could download it from some other source. I went to http://www.7-zip.org/ but, after trying several times, I never could get it to run.

If you know of a different source where I may download the Acronis Clean Up Utility, please let me know where this source is.
  4. Wandering2

Wandering2 Registered Member

It isn't 7-zip you need to download again. Downloads are not always perfect. Get the cleanup utility again, and this time use the browser's native download capability instead of a download manager, if you used one.

Good luck.
  5. Davidj

Davidj Registered Member

Thanks, Wandering 2

I will try and download the cleanup utility again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.