nod32's trojan detection is getting worse

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trojan, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

You know, not that I am giving any credibility to this thread nor bashing Nod in any way, but I can tell you that when I was testing various AVs for my new x64 system, I did find that Avast! Pro found more malicious things on web sites than Nod did for me. I personally felt safer running Avast! Pro so I purchased it over Nod. Just my little experience in trial with both products. Yes I see the test results and how great Nod is supposed to be over alot of the others, but when I can visit the same sites with both products and only Avast! detected the threat, then thats what made up my mind. Again I am not bashing Nod in any way but I personally feel its trojan detection is not on par with some of the others out there.

2. trojan

trojan Registered Member

nope i chose nod as my second av, i find trojans more interesting all im saying is kav is better for detecting trojans nothing more i wouldn't claim that kav is better at detecting virus because i dont belive it is you need to calm down a little with the idiot thing your acting like a bunch of old ladys lol

3. trojan

trojan Registered Member

your making me scared of the nod police now

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I concur. Always report to the right people. Saves alot of time too.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Sounds like your talking down to the NOD users from a soapbox here regarding their "misfortune".

6. trojan

trojan Registered Member

i think nod32 is the second best scanner around after kav. that is why i am comparing the two products and since trojans are what im most interseted in im comparing my experances of thier detection rates,why this causes offence i can only wonder what the nod police have done to some of the people on this forum! :D

7. The Hammer

:rolleyes:
    They know where you live. There's a knock at your door right now. Go with them quietly.

8. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

Oops! Another one at Jotti's

Attached Files:

• 831a.JPG
      831a.JPG
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views:
  9. trojan

trojan Registered Member

lol i can belive that they seem to have many "cyborgs" that post here

10. The Hammer

:D
    We are the NOD. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

11. trojan

trojan Registered Member

nice1 stan1! :cool:

12. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

BTW, this is a silly little thread. As noted on Jotti's site:

You're free to (mis)interpret these automated, flawed statistics at your own discretion. For antivirus comparisons, visit AV comparatives

13. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

is thread just for bashing nod32? like stan999 posted:

"You're free to (mis)interpret these automated, flawed statistics at your own discretion. For antivirus comparisons, visit AV comparatives."

i dont judge an AV by the jotti scan results. instead i focus on having a layered approach to security. i use ewido (AT), avast (email, web shield, and standard shield disabled.) and PG and Online Armor (both HIPS). i also have various other tools for system hardening and antispyware.

14. dog

dog Guest

Trojan ... If you wish to continue taking general shots at NOD and NOD users this thread will be closed. If you wish to add something of value and contribute in a positive way please do so, but don't continue down this path - as there is NO purpose. ;)

15. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I don't think anyone is doubting that KAV has better detection of trojans than NOD. Sometimes NOD is practically the only one to miss a trojan - but I have seen its heuristics come through a few times. So all is not lost with NOD. There's a free site that was mentioned here that offers a codec that has a trojan - NOD detects it as a variant, while KAV still misses it.

Right now NOD32 lags behind KAV, but NOD32 has come a long way.

16. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

You might as well give up Trojan. You can't win here. You vill neva say anyzing bad about NOD32 or it's zee cooler for you. ;) :D

17. The Hammer

Yes. Stalag 32. :)

18. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

Yah! :)

19. trojan

trojan Registered Member

lol silly thread but you cant stop posting!! and im not knocking nod32 users thats just the way "your taking it" lol very sad! its only software dude im not (insulting your mother) maybe your taken this a bit to seriously, and by all means close the thread if that makes you happy :D

20. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

All of us know that KAV have a better detection than NOD32 and all the other AV's, but NOD32 are doing an great job to improve this area as we can see on the last test of AV-Comparatives...

Even the "worst" AV can detect something that the "best" AV don't detect, and so on...

21. trojan

trojan Registered Member

dont knock nod32 if the nod police dont get you the rest of the nod cyborgs will cry :'(

22. trojan

trojan Registered Member

people seem to be happy to post to this thread whilst calling it stupid at the same time why is there a need for you to step in ?

23. dog

dog Guest

Well your trolling has gone far enough. :) Why -> It's what we do (Maintain the integrity of the forum) ... We aren't here to senselessly bash any product ... if that's your pleasure, please fell free to hang your hat elsewhere.

Seeing as you failed to learn from the insight others have shared, and are posting only to incite, this thread is now closed.

Regards;

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.