nod32order.txt = 2 files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by blahblah, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blahblah

blahblah Registered Member

hi,

This is kinda off topic but i encountered something weird after downloading this file http://www.nod32.com.au/nod32/purchase/nod32order.zip. After it's downloaded i extracted it and inside there is a single text file (nod32order.txt, 1686 bytes, modified 31/8/2004). BUT the weird thing is that when i did a scan (right click on file and choose scan) on 'nod32order.txt' with NAV04 Pro (yes i'm still using that piece of junk until i get NOD32 hopefully by next week), it came up as 2, yes TWO files were scanned. To be sure if it happened to any other text files i tried scan 3 different text files separately and yes each time the number of files scanned was only 1, which is what it should be. So whats up with this txt file from the node32.com.au server? Why NAV sees it as 2 files when theres really only 1 file?

Now if any1 here have NAV (doubt it) could they try scan that txt file see if you get the same result. Also, try it with Nod32 and see if it detects it as 2 files.

And yeah dunt reply with any anti-NAV comments pls, we all know it's crap. All i wanna know is does this occur to anyone elses, coz im curiouso_O. Who knows there might be something hidden inside :)

cheers

2. MNKid

MNKid Guest

Why not try the trial version and see what it comes up with.

3. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Most likely, it just counts the ZIP-file as one file, and the file inside it as another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.