NOD32 won't update (OS X)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Carbonyl, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this in, but I didn't know where else to ask.

I'm running the NOD32 OS X beta on OS X 10.6.2, and for some reason all updates have halted. I'm stuck on the 4911 definitions, even though the latest ones are much advanced from these (4916).

I've tried clearing the update cache. I've tried keying in specific update servers. The status page even said many of the specific servers I attempted to contact were up and running. I have tried these tricks - please don't recommend I try them again.

Nevertheless, I've got a red-eye icon in my top menu bar, and all attempts to update definitions result in either 'internal server error' or a timeout. Am I doing something wrong, or has the beta expired? I thought it was good until the end of March, but I guess I could be wrong.

Any help would be really appreciated. This glaring red-eye icon and massive warning message on the status page is making me really edgy. The fact that no one else seems to be having these problems makes me wonder if something hasn't compromised the system and is preventing updates.

EDIT: Several hours later, the problem still exists. This fact, combined with the fact that I've been able to update NOD v4 on my PC flawlessly, leads me to believe this isn't a server issue. Nevertheless I keep getting 'internal server error' when I let the updates time out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated at this point. I'd try a clean installation of NOD, but I'm afraid of getting stuck with even older definitions if NOD can't update even after a reinstallation.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  2. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

Going on 24 hours now without a definitions update, with errors all along the way.

One change has occurred: I can connect to servers quickly, instead of timing out after several minutes of waiting. NOD immediately downloads 3 kb / 3 kb of 'update.ver', and almost as soon after that says 'Internal Server Error' again. I'm still very confused about all of this! The beta says it's good until Wed 31 March 2010 4:00:00 PDT. Has the beta period ended early? If so I'd like to know so that I can purchase NOD, or else move on to some other product that will afford protection at this point!

Thanks.

EDIT: Well, color me baffled, but things decided to update finally on their own after many, many hours. I have no idea what happened to make things work suddenly, as the servers were obviously up and running the whole time, but I won't scrutinize a fortunate event too seriously! Sorry to clutter the forums.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.