NOD32 Won't let my programs access internet

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Tomomoko, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomomoko

Tomomoko Registered Member

Whenever I try to access the iTunes store or play an online game (ie. world of warcraft), I get a message saying: Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, then try again.

I recently switched from Norton360 and never had a problem with programs accessing the internet.

My ports are forwarded for each application through my router, I've tried to add all the programs in question to exclusion list for protocol filtering (won't let me add iTunes here, but I've added World of Warcraft and that doesn't work), I've added the folders that these programs are in to the Web Access Protection exclusion menu, and these programs are in the exceptions list in Windows Firewall. I'm not running any other firewall and NOD32 Antivirus doesn't have a personal firewall as far as I know. I've even tried disabling real-time protection and running the programs and they still say to check network connections (but I know they're correct since I'm able to surf web through Firefox without issues).

I've also updated NOD32 AV to the latest version 4.2.67.10

Can anyone help?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I don't think it is your AV causing issues because as you said yourself it has not fw module that could interfere. Can you recheck/review the port forwarding rules?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does the problem go away after uninstalling EAV? If so, did you uninstall Norton completely using the appropriate uninstall tool?

4. Tomomoko

Thanks for the replies~

Cudni: I haven't had this issue until I installed NOD32 Antivirus (2 days ago now) so I don't think it's a port forwarding issue unless it has changed the way my comp accesses the internet. I checked and they (port forwarding via router) were all still there, but nothing has changed other than the fact that I'm using NOD32 AV vs. Norton360

Marcos: I haven't tried re-installing, I've only tried disabling the program via turning off protection. For Norton360 I just installed it via the uninstall tool in the start menu and selected a complete removal. I would think since my programs worked previously with Norton360 that it wouldn't make a difference. However, I will try to uninstall to see if that resolves and then I'll post what I find.

5. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi Tomomoko,

For help uninstalling Norton, please refer to the following KB article.

Let us know.

6. Tomomoko

tony_m - tried the removal tool, no dice :(

7. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Please temporarily uninstall EAV and check if the problem persists.

Then please reinstall EAV to be protected against threats. Refer to the following article for help during this process (uninstall/reinstall).

Let us know about your findings.

8. Tomomoko

Solved:

Before I could have both wired and wireless connections without assigning an IP but now I need to make sure my wireless gets the IP that is port forwarded.

Thanks for all the support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.