NOD32 with Spybot &/or Ad-Aware?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by coyote2, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coyote2

coyote2 Registered Member

Are there any issues using Spybot &/or Ad-Aware, with NOD32?

Specifically NOD32 with:

Ad-Aware Free 9.07 with "Ad-Watch Live" Processes protection enabled

Spybot 1.6.2 with both Residents enabled ("TeaTimer" [system settings protection] and "SDHelper" [IE bad download blocker]).

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

There are many Ad-aware and SpyBot users that frequent these threads, please be patient and perhaps someone will chime in with an answer to your query.

Please tell us what your installed version of ESET Software is. What are the issues you are experiencing with your ESET software relating to Ad-aware and SpyBot ?

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  3. coyote2

Thank you for your reply, siljaline!

NOD32 version 4.2.71.2

Honestly I'm experiencing no issues at all with the two products. I'm wondering if there's some problematic redundant functionality, since I recently read a suggestion that this might lead to some 'disagreement as to what program is responsible for taking out a threat, allowing the threat entry'.

4. SolidState

SolidState Registered Member

I'd not bother with those two rather dated antimalware apps. I'd try MBAM full version. It's realtime and site blocklists are much better than in the past and will prob do a better job than Add-Aware or Spybot. I'd use them but disable realtime protection on both. Tea timer sucks IMHO.

5. siljaline

You are welcome for the reply. If you are asking if Ad-aware and or SpyBot play well with ESET software, in the time I have been reading and posting to Wilders, I am not aware of such an issue. If you could perhaps post back the information that you stated was a problem with ESET software. This would help us greatly in assisting you further in your query. Ad-watch, as an example, may interfere with Web Protection that ESET anti-virus provides. This is only based on my personal experience with the two programs in the incarnation in which they were when I ran them. We would need more specifics from you to continue.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  6. coyote2

Yes, that is precisely what I am asking.
    Honestly I haven't seen any evidence they aren't all playing well together....
    So I guess I'll simply consider disabling Ad-watch, thank you!

7. siljaline

If the Ad-watch component of Ad-aware is disabled it does not effect the overall functionality of Ad-aware. From what I recall, Ad-watch is opt-in.

Thanks and let us know your progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.