NOD32 w/sw firewall

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Is there a faq or sticky somewhere here are Wilders that gives us NOD32 users the proper instructions/rules/settings/ports for various software firewalls we might choose to use in concert with NOD32?

I am thinking of trying the current Comodo 'free' version (2.4.17.184). From various comments over the last 8 months it seems I need to retire my old Kerio Pers Firewall v2.1.5.
    Thank you,
    Duncan

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hi Duncan:

It is a good idea if NOD 32 could provide a list of what FW's are incompatible with it. That I could use.

Before you rush out and change FW's have a look at the other FW's learning threads if you have time. One of them dealt with CFW 2.4.

Working with CFW 2.4.17.184 in the learning thread, with support from Stem and Herbalist and others, I reached the conclusion to set CFW 2.4 aside and wait for CFW V3 to go into retail production. The CFW 2.4 kept making unauthorized changes to the rule set, which is not good!

I have Kerio 2.1.5 working after over 200 posts in that learning thread can tell you there is no reason I know to drop it in favour of the old CFW verision.

I don't know what comments over 8 months on Kerio you mean?

Take care

3. century

century Registered Member

I have used Zone Alarm 6.5 free firewall with NOD 32 2.7 without any problem. You may give it a try.

4. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

I have no problem running it with Outpost Firewall Pro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.