NOD32 vs Pegasus

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jledyard, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jledyard

jledyard Registered Member

When I attempt to download mail in Pegasus 4.41 email program, the NOD32 attempts to do a download. Eventually, both downloads fail. I have posted a message about this on the Pegasus forum, but I am not satisfied with the way that NOD32 behaves. Basically, it should not attempt a download. I can go to the program and attempt an update, but it says that I am up to date.

I am afraid to stop NOD32 in order to get my mail, and I do not understand why NOD32 should do anything when I run my email program. See the 3 attachments for screen captures of NOD32 and Pegasus 4.41.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2008
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks God screenshots exist . It is pretty freak if NOD32 downloads something every time you use your mail client . :D :D :D

The second screenshot you provided shows that you have IMON (the internet monitoring) set to Higher efficently mode .
    Most likely this is incompatiable with your Pegasus. Try this:

1) Open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications are set on Higher compatibility .

imon_stuff_12344321.png

imoncompmode.PNG

2) Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

3) Open NOD32's Control Center -> IMON and at the right panel start the IMON protection . Confirm ! Restart immediately !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.